Type 2 Wildland Firefighting Crew
The Yukon Flats is known to have some of the best wildland firefighters in the country. Through a 2020 contract with the Bureau of Land Management – Alaska Fire Service (BLM AFS) the CATG Natural Resources Department provides a Type 2 wildland firefighting crew in the Upper Yukon Zone with assembly points in Fort Yukon, Venetie, and Arctic Village. The contract runs through September 30, 2025.
The Type 2 contract crew currently consists of 20 people based out of Fort Yukon. CATG is seeking highly motivated and committed candidates to fill available vacancies on the crew. This is a great opportunity to get fire experience and advance careers in wildland fire. Crews adhere to national qualifications for Type 2 hand crews.
What to expect
- If selected for the crew, commitment is up to 6 months.
- When called to an incident, commitment is to work 8 to 16 hours per day for up to 21 days.
Requirements to apply
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a resume
- Housing provided
- Pass an arduous physical test
- Pass a background check
- A current agency red card with FFT2 qualification
- Completion of the following NWCG courses with certification
- FEMA IS-700
- 1+ years of wildland file experience
- Completion of the following NWCG courses: L-280, I-200, S-131, S-133, S-211, S-212, S-260, S-270, S71.
Through this contract with BLM AFS, CATG continues to invest in our workforce to stimulate our local economy and build a better future for our Tribal Members.
Click here to apply for the CATG Type 2 Wildland Firefighting Crew.